For 20 years, Tom has stood beside his clients as an attorney to provide them with the guidance and representation to navigate challenging circumstances. Tom has defended his clients' rights and reputations in court and has helped them find the best plans for their families.
As a public servant, Tom served as police officer for 5 years, assisting the public and keeping the peace while getting to know his local community. Today, as a Superior Court Certified Mediator andFamily Financial Mediator, Tom strives to ensure that justice is being delivered in a fair manor.
Tom isn’t only committed to justice while on the job, but also has a strong passion for helping his community at home. Tom’s wife, Jo-Ann, is is long-time President of the Banner Elk Chamber of Commerce, as well as the Executive Director for Feeding Avery Families, a non-profit Christian organization that is dedicated to ending hunger in Avery County.
Tom has been married to his wonderful wife, Jo-Ann, for 37 years. He is a father to two amazing children, grandfather to five, and great grandfather to two. Tom and Joann live in Banner Elk with their rescue dog, Scooter.
- Former Police Officer -
- N.C. Licensed Attorney (#30366) -
- Admitted to Federal Court for Middle District of NC -
- NC Superior Court Certified Mediator -
- NC Certified Family Financial Mediator -
- Licensed Private Pilot -
- B.A. Thomas Edison State College -
- J.D. North Carolina Central University School of Law -
- Board Member Mediation and Restorative Justice Center -
- Board Member Banner Elk Chamber of Commerce -
- Vice-Chair Banner Elk Tourism Development Authority -
- Past President Kiwanis Club of Banner Elk -
- Former Vice Chair Wooly Worm Festival of Banner Elk -
- Past Board Member Grandfather Home for Children -
- Past Board Chairman New Day of Avery County -
- Former Restaurant, and Furniture Store Owner -
- Former Broadcast Engineer ABC Sports/NBC News -
Campaigns are expensive — signs, letters, postage, ads, events — all designed to educate voters and get out the vote. You can do your part by making a contribution today.DONATE